Utilization of Waste In Geopolimerization A Review
Savić, Aleksandar R.
Article (Published version)
MetadataShow full item record
The aim of this article is to review the utilization of various types of waste in geopolimerization technology processes. The geopolymerization represents a process comprising of the dissolution of aluminosilicate solids in a strongly alkaline medium followed by condensation of free alumina-silica oligomers to form a tetrahedral polymeric structure. Advantage of this technology represents the possibility of utilization of any silica and alumina-containing waste material that could be dissolved in an alkaline solution. Production of geopolymers from waste not only provides less raw material consumption but also addresses issues regarding the disposal of wastes. Fly ash, red mud, construction and demolition waste (C&DW), slags, or mine waste are the most utilized waste types in combination with supplementary waste materials according to their characteristics. Conducted investigations showed that the use of various waste materials leads to the production of geopolymers with a broad range... of final properties. Despite a high number of published Publications and patents, the large-scale utilization of waste is still missing.
Keywords:waste / geopolymers / geopolymerization / recycle / reuse
Source:Proceedings of the 51st International October Conference On Mining and Metallurgy, 2019
- University of Belgrade, Technical Faculty in Bor
- Developing technological processes for nonstandard copper concentrates processing with the aim to decrease pollutants emission (RS-34023)
- Predefined functional properties polymer composite materials processes and equipment development (RS-34011)
- Advanced technologies for monitoring and environmental protection from chemical pollutants and radiation burden (RS-43009)
- Utilization of by-products and recycled waste materials in concrete composites in the scope of sustainable construction development in Serbia: investigation and environmental assessment of possible applications (RS-36017)